We firmly believe in the power of company culture and its direct affect on business success. Our ongoing cultural mission is to provide an optimum environment for fostering ideas into effective technology solutions for the global marketplace. This requires combining talented people, effective methodologies, a focused vision, and coffee...lots of coffee. A creative, collaborative culture means we agree and disagree, compliment and critique, teach and learn, but most importantly, do.
We love to work with creative, industrious, hard-working people. Even at times when we’re all full up, we still love looking at resumes to keep people like you in mind for when we’re ready to deepen the bench. Below are the current opening we have.
Software Engineer, Ruby on Rails
Location: Clearwater, FL
We're looking for a talented, passionate software developer with a knack for building clean, quality software. Everything we do involves maps and data, with a focus on usability and simplicity. We thrive on building amazing mapping tools to help individuals and organizations solve problems. You would be joining a team of motivated engineers, geographers, and designers who spend everyday learning, teaching, and advancing the state of the art in geospatial technology.
- Product driven - We build tools to help people solve problems. A focus on the user’s perspective is critical to everything we create.
- Eye for design - Our bar for design in our products is high, from graphics, to composition, to user experience. Design helps communicate intent and functionality, so it’s always central to our development process.
- Data structures - Geography is a data-driven discipline, and you need an understanding of relational databases and data structure concepts.
- Strong communicator and collaborator - You’ll be working with a fast-moving team building new product features everyday, so constant communication is paramount. This includes being an articulate writer, being good at managing and prioritizing your own work, and staying generally “plugged in” to what the company is working on.
- Self-starter, self-teacher - Our team is made up of driven, largely self-taught engineers. A constant thirst to build your knowledge base is critical. We would also expect to be learning a lot from you.
- Build and maintain web applications in a Ruby on Rails environment
- Use available project management and communication tools to work with everyone on the team
- Other technologies that are beneficial: Backbone.js, node.js, MongoDB, PostGIS, Amazon Web Services infrastructure, haml/sass, CoffeeScript
- Help the product team manage requirements and design new product features
Mobile Application Developer
Location: Clearwater, FL or Remote (anywhere)
We're looking for truly talented developers with a passion for creating clean, quality software, from unit tests to UI’s. We’re looking for a variety of engineers with strong computer science background to expand our team. We'd love to hire someone in the Tampa Bay area, but we are open to a remote position as well. Or maybe you want to move to Florida! In order to accommodate growth in our Clearwater, FL office, Spatial Networks has a need for an experienced Software Engineer. We offer an unprecedented opportunity to make daily impacts in support of our aggressive strategic growth plans as well as experience professional and personal growth as an integral part of a high-tempo, truly unique corporate culture. Candidates must be able to demonstrate US Citizenship or existing authorization to work for any US employer. Successful candidate will be subject to reference checks, business due diligence verification and drug screening. All employment offers are subject to non-disclosure and non-compete agreements.
We work on solving interesting real-world problems around deep data, geography, and the UI to visualize it all in both web and mobile platforms. There’s also the added benefit that people will actually, you know, use it. (C, C++, Java, Python)
- Passion to do things “the right way” but still get them done
- Strong Computer Science background
- Some example of your work out in the wild
- Ability to tackle problems you haven’t faced before
- Self-motivation; you identify and fix problems without being asked
Product Marketing Manager
Location: Clearwater, FL
Are you passionate about marketing and technology? Spatial Networks is in need of a Product Marketing Assistant who can help foster and drive the growth of the user base for our flagship product, Fulcrum. This includes inbound marketing strategy for products, the ability to write copy for the website and technical manuals, assisting with and performing product demos to prospective customers, partners, and tradeshow attendees, knowledge of the competition, video storyboarding, blogging and blog scheduling, and social media management (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc..)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Comfortable and experienced with managing social media in a business environment
- Knowledge of Inbound Marketing, online marketing, and SEO
- Active blogger
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. (Examples encouraged)
- Bachelor's degree – preferably with an emphasis in communications, marketing, advertising
- Knowledge of iOS and android platforms
- Excellent communication, organization, and teamwork skills
- Must be able to travel if needed
- A technical background and experience with the software development industry is excellent
- Ability and desire to laugh and at least appreciate, if not take full advantage of, the java and ping-pong rooms
Android Mobile Application Developer
Location: Clearwater, FL
In order to accommodate growth in our Clearwater, FL office, Spatial Networks has a need for an experienced Android Mobile Application Developer. We offer an unprecedented opportunity to make daily impacts in support of our aggressive strategic growth plans as well as experience professional and personal growth as an integral part of a high-tempo, truly unique corporate culture.
- Identify, evaluate, analyze and determine best-fit technologies for the development of device clients for mobile software products
- Maintain current knowledge of multiple mobile operating systems and programming languages, as well as development best practices, specifically related to GPS- and GIS-enabled applications
- Be able to take conceptual vision and objectives and architect prototype solutions
- Design, engineer and develop technology components and/or entire solutions
- Interact with internal technical, product management, and marketing staff to clearly understand needs and articulate solutions, and present tradeoffs where necessary
- Work with product management and software engineers to design and develop products that solve real business problems and add value to client organization
- 3-5 years experience developing native apps with Java for Android
- An eye for good design and user experience
- A passion for software quality, including unit testing
- Familiarity with REST-based web service API's
- Version control must be second nature (we use Git)
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing requirements for new products during customer development process
- Passion for mobile gadgetry coupled with a fondness for maps
- Positive attitude and willingness to laugh
Internships - Part Time / Full Time
Location: Clearwater, FL
Each intern will gather knowledge of the day to day tasks of an entry level GIS technician. These tasks include learning the fundamental aspects of creating geo-databases, geo-spatial data mining, data storage, and map creation, as well as experiencing various aspects of this industry from producer to consumer. Along with having hands on training under direct supervision, each intern or group of interns will partake in researching, gathering, and presenting a use case scenario where GIS data collection and visualization can benefit the needs of an industry or organization. *Qualifications: A well suited candidate should possess an interest in modern web mapping applications such as TileMill by MapBox, open source (free) geospatial data & software, PostGIS and PostGreSQL. Unix Shell Scripting, HTML, & CSS languages are a plus. The potential intern(s) should have a basic understanding of ArcGIS 9.3 and 10 programs, specifically ArcMap, and Microsoft Excel and Access. Intern(s) should be self-motivated and interested in gaining valuable field experience in geospatial technologies.
Basic understanding of ArcGIS 9.3 and 10 programs, specifically ArcMap, and Microsoft Excel and Access.